Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Better Farm Residency

Just concluded my residency at Better Farm!  Here's some of the work I created during my stay:

Wake


Glow


Midnight


Reach


The  work I created was a reflection on my time at the farm.  I was greatly influenced by the tranquil landscape, the night sky, the trips out on the many lakes in the region, and the people I met along the way.  It was an incredibly enriching experience. 



See more images of the opening on Better Farm's blog: Better Farm Holds First Art Opening

4 comments:

Sandy said...

So that's what a hippie art opening looks like -- open air, laid back and meditative. Beautiful drawings!

pierce said...

I just came back from Mauna Kea's observatory. I saw a galaxy that was 125,000 light years away that does not exist today. The light is just getting to earth after traveling at 186,000 miles per second for 125,000 years. Colleen's art is a match of such awesome...

SRyanReed said...

hi colleen -

i'm really sorry we weren't able to connect again before you left austin. i love what you're doing now and, hopefully one of these days, i can buy some more of your art. i especially love "wake" and "glow" from your recent residency. look forward to seeing more!

sharron

Colleen said...

Hi Sharron,

So great to hear from you! Thank you so much. Yes, I really got a lot out of my residency there. I've been busy in New York City showing my recent work ever since, and will be back in Austin in December to visit, and maybe then I'll be able to show you more of my recent work!